5 Ideas to Promote Your Camp
We teamed up with a few marketing experts to learn some new and creative ways to promote your camp. Here are 5.
If you run a camp, chances are you are always looking for ideas on how to promote it. Let’s face it: promoting your camp takes some marketing know-how. New camps need to get the word out to potentially interested parties. And established camps want to grow. While tried-and-true methods can work, sometimes thinking outside the box is necessary to see the growth you’re after – especially in this age of information overload. If you don’t change things up now and then, customers will begin to dismiss marketing efforts because they’ve seen the same thing so many times – they become numb to the message.
We teamed up with a few marketing experts to learn some new and creative ways to promote your camp. Here are 5 that we feel are especially relevant and impactful:
- Write and distribute a press release.
- Conduct a survey to learn what’s important to your past campers…and provide a reason to connect.
- Google AdWords advertising. To learn how to get started, check out Google’s AdWords page.
- Create a hashtag for your camp. A hashtag is a word or phrase preceded by a hash or pound sign (#) and used to identify messages on a specific topic. Use it at the end of all your social media posts. Ex: #yourcampname #awesomecamp #camplife. Before you pick a hashtag, it’s always a good idea to check that it is not already in use.
- Write a column or ‘letter to the editor’ about the importance of something related, and take the opportunity to mention/promote your upcoming camp.
We hope this is helpful. Good luck and, as always, let us know if NetCamps can help make your camp administration easier!